Please Choose Options to Checkout
This session will feature all of the 2018 CPT coding changes for both diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology procedures and will also address some of the most common issues with diagnostic radiology coding. It is essential to get updated with CPT changes for ensuring healthcare claims are processed properly for medicare, medicaid and other health programs.
Our expert speaker, Stacie L. Buck, RHIA, CCS-P, RCC, CIRCC, AAPC Fellow, will demystify the new, revised and deleted codes that affect both diagnostic and interventional radiology, and also explain the guideline changes. She will also provide tips on some of the most common radiology challenges – including ICD-10-CM coding, 3D reformatting, fluoroscopy and others.
- Participants will understand the new coding conventions for endovascular repair procedures.
- Participants will be able to crosswalk 2017 CPT codes to 2018 Codes.
- Participants will learn how to accurately decipher a radiology report to ensure accurate ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding.
- Participants will learn the keys to compliant documentation for some of the common diagnostic radiology exams.
Area Covered In The Session:
- 2018 Diagnostic Radiology Coding Changes:
• Chest X-ray codes – deletion of existing codes and creation of new codes describing the number of views
• Abdominal X-ray codes – deletion of existing codes and creation of new codes describing the number of views
• Use of –CT modifier and what it means for reimbursement
• Update on Appropriate Use Criteria for Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Services
- 2018 Interventional Radiology Coding Changes:
• Cryoablation Treatment of Pulmonary Tumors – new CPT Category I code.
• Endovascular Repair Infrarenal Aorta – complete overhaul of EVAR coding – with deletion of many component codes to be replaced with more comprehensive CPT codes
• Endovenous Ablation of Incompetent Veins – New codes for the reporting of endovenous ablation therapy of incompetent veins using a chemical adhesive. ew codes to be created for reporting the injection of a non-compounded foam sclerosant for treatment of incompetent veins.
• Bone Marrow Diagnostic Procedures – A new code will be created to describe a diagnostic bone marrow procedure that bundles biopsy and aspiration into one code.
- Coding professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Radiology technologists
- Coding managers
- Radiology managers
- Imaging Centers
- Billing Companies
About Our Speaker:
Stacie L. Buck, RHIA, CCS-P, RCC, CIRCC, AAPC Fellow, is president and senior consultant for RadRx of Stuart, Florida, and provides coding, auditing, and education services for diagnostic and interventional radiology service providers on a nationwide basis. Buck has 25 years’ experience in healthcare, 17 of those in radiology. She is a nationally sought out speaker who has presented over 200 coding seminars. She also is the author of the coding reference book Cracking the IR Code: Your Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Interventional Radiology Coding and the Cracking the IR Code: Mastering Interventional Radiology Coding Comprehensive Online Training Program.