ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting – FY 2023
Format: On-Demand Webinar
Presenter: Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CPPM, COSC
Duration: 90 minutes
$249 – $255
Please Choose Options to Checkout
ICD-10-CM for 2023 is bringing almost 1,500 changes for coding in all specialties. Each year the CDC reviews and makes changes to the ICD-10-CM manual that applies to claims with dates of service beginning on October 1st. There is no grace period for these changes and claims with invalid codes will be rejected or denied. It is important that all staff and providers become aware of the changes so that any new, revised, or deleted codes used by the provider can correctly submit claims with dates of service after October 1st. With so many changes for 2023, it is critical that all members of the physician’s staff are knowledgeable of the changes and can apply them correctly in their practice to avoid claims denials that slow down the claims processing and payment process. No one wants to have to spend extra time correcting claims because the inappropriate ICD-10-CM code(s) was used. Also, software programs involving medical records (EHR) and Practice Management Systems (PMS) will need to be updated along with encounter forms/superbills.
- This webinar will identify diagnosis coding changes for 2023
- Each affected Chapter of ICD-10-CM will be discussed
- Avoid delays in reimbursement due to invalid codes
- Understand how to apply the new codes and guidelines when applicable
- Gain knowledge regarding 1,179 codes which are being added this new year.
- Have the information necessary to share the new information with other members of your office
- Receive the tools to educate providers on the documentation needed to assign the appropriate codes
Areas Covered in the Session
- Most current ICD-10-CM codes related to COVID
- New codes added to mental health for dementia
- Code additions related to head injuries to include concussions
- 450 codes added to Chapter 20, External Causes of Morbidity.
- Codes replaced in the Cardiovascular System
- Additions to whether a femur condition is stable or unstable
- Continued additions to the social determinants of health
- Claims Adjusters
- Surgery Schedulers
- Reimbursement Staff
About the Presenter:
Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CPPM, COSC is the Sr. Coding Educator for Healthcare Information Services, a revenue cycle management and consulting service in the Chicagoland area. Prior to relocating to Chicago, Lynn was the Billing Office Manager and surgical coder for Hand Surgery Associates, now Michigan Surgery Specialists in the Detroit Area. She has over 39 years of experience in all areas of the physician practice including Practice Administrator, Billing Manager, and Director of Operations. Her experience is primarily in the specialties of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology, and Hematology/Oncology. She has been a speaker for many conferences, including the AAPC National Conferences and Workshops, Community Colleges, Audio Conferences, Certification classes, and Webinars. Lynn became a CPC in 1993, a Certified Instructor in 2002, a Certified Orthopedic Surgery Coder in 2009, an examination in which she participated in creating. She passed the Certified Practice Manager exam in 2015, the Certified Medical Auditor exam in 2016, and the Certified Professional Biller exam in 2021. Lynn is the founder of the first local chapter of the AAPC in Chicago, which is now 25 years old, and a former member of the AAPC National Advisory Board as well as several other committees for the AAPC.
After Registration: You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share with all participants at your location.
- Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
- Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live? No problem. You can get access to an On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to the below contact: Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162 Email: email@example.com