Conference Materials (Password Required)
It is crucial for medical providers and staff to be fully aware of proper coding and billing of the services to payers, as well as compliance protocols- rules and guidelines associated with it. The goal of this presentation is to go over the importance of proper billing, coding and denials management protocols; to review Government audit programs, HIPAA overview and laws associated with fraud and abuse and corporate compliance. Live Q&A will conclude the webinar.
- To understand billing and coding process.
- To know denials management process.
- To review Medicare Program Integrity.
- To review Comprehensive Error Rate Testing Program (CERT).
- To know Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC).
- To understand Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
- To review Zone Program Integrity Contractors (ZPICs).
- To review Supplemental Medical Review Contractor (SMRC).
- To review Medicaid Integrity Program (MIP).
- To learn HIPAA- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act standards.
- To learn The Anti-Kickback Law.
- To understand The Stark Law.
- To understand EMTALA Law.
- To know about False Claims Act.
- To review Qui Tam.
- To discuss ways how to set protocols for proper and compliant operations in the private practice.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Billing and coding process
- Denials management process
- Medicare Program Integrity
- Comprehensive Error Rate Testing Program (CERT)
- Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC)
- Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs)
- Zone Program Integrity Contractors (ZPICs)
- Supplemental Medical Review Contractor (SMRC)
- Medicaid Integrity Program (MIP)
- HIPAA- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act standards
- The Anti-Kickback Law
- The Stark Law
- EMTALA Law
- False Claims Act
- Meaning of Qui Tam
- How to set protocols for proper and compliant operations in the private practice
- Live Q&A
- Medical providers
- Practice Managers
- Medical practice owners
- C-level executives
- Medical billing staff
- Medical coders
- Medical compliance officers
- Billing Managers
- Office managers
- Medical billers
- Office staff and Billing Managers
- Medical Billing Companies
- Providers Office Staff
- Hospital Revenue Cycle Staff
Kate has almost two decades of experience in the healthcare industry. She is an expert coder, and compliance officer, and trains healthcare providers all over the country. Kate utilizes her expertise to uncover ways to improve billing and coding inefficiencies, training staff, and ensuring compliance while achieving maximum results and revenues for her clients.
Kate’s successes include small and large practices, ranging from primary care to specialists and surgeons. She is known for helping providers feel confident in their coding and peace of mind with their compliance practices.
Kate’s acute attention to detail, deep understanding of coding and billing, and proactive approach make her an indispensable asset with all her clients.
Snippet From Our Previous Session
“Jim Sheldon-Dean’s insights on privacy and security were very much helpful to our team, it was great to learn from an instructor like him. Appreciate!” –CHRISTINE JACOB MD, CDI SPECIALIST
“This program on HIPAA did a great job providing actionable concepts in a way that updated our team and me, I now know how I will implement the concepts because I already did it in their online seminar, it was easy to ask questions from the speaker at the end of my 60 minutes course.” –MELISSA PRESTON, HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STAFF
“The workshop was very insightful and made absolute sense in terms of the regulations and their compliance. I am thankful for having the opportunity to attend.”–BARBARA CAPRIOTTY, REHABILITATION DIRECTOR