MACRA combines parts of the Physicians Quality Reporting System(PQRS), Value-based Payment Modifier(VPM) and the Medicare Electronic Health Records(EHR) incentive program in to one single program called the Merit-based Incentive Payment System(MIPS). There is a lots of confusion with MACRA as a whole and its new measure and requirement. Our expert, Jennifer Searfoss, ESQ, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS will review and discuss about MACRA, MIPS, Quality and Advancing Care Information that have vital role in the bonus structure maximization. This webinar will also discuss about the mathematical breakdown of categories and provide clear concept for the calculation of different measures that is analyzed in Quality and ACI.
• Introduction to MACRA & MIPS
o The Four Components
o Math Breakdown of Categories
• 2. Quality
o Discussion of point allotment and “topped out” measures
o Interactive selection of Quality Measures for evaluation of total points available in 2017
o Calculation for 6 measures in 3 specialties based on feedback
o Going GPRO
o Points and QCDR non-MIPS measures
• 3. Advancing Care Information
o Discussion of point allotment and weighting
o Interactive selection of ACI Measures for evaluation of total points available in 2017
o Calculation for 5 measures in 3 specialties based on feedback
o Automatic reweighting for certain NPPs
• 3. Discussion of Improvement Activities
• 4. Resources and homework
• Getting clear picture of MACRA as a whole.
• Get acquainted with new measures and requirements.
• Understanding the foundation of MIPS (Quality, IA, ACI, etc) and how the categories work together.
• Introduction to “MIPS Math” and how each category is scored.
• Interactive selection of measures and calculations of available points for reporting and performance.
• Discussion of available federal funds for bonuses, including the Medicaid meaningful use program,
and likelihood on scoring well for data submitted in 2017 and 2018.
Area Covered In The Session:
• Overview of MACRA and MIPS
• Math breakdown of catefories
• Point allotment and “topped out” measures
• Quality measures and Total point evaluation
• Calculation for 5 measures in 3 specialties based on feedback
• Points and QCDR non-MIPS measures
• Selection of ACI Measures for evaluation of total points available in 2017
• Automatic reweighting for certain NPPs
• Discussion of Improvement Activities
• Resources and homework
• Medical Office Administrator
• Coding Manager
• Billing Manager
• Physician Practice Manager and Administrator
• Physician Contractors
• Compliance Officers
• Revenue Cycle Manager/Staff
• Physician Chief Financial Officers
• Physician Coders
• HIM Directors/Managers
Our Expert Profile:
Jennifer Searfoss, ESQ, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS is the Managing Owner and Chief Solutions Strategist of SCG Health, LLC since 2011. SCG Health is a boutique value improvement organization focused on creating value in healthcare through workflow optimization, revenue cycle management and strategic planning in this post-health reform industry. SCG Health has been a Medicare Qualified Clinical Data Registry since 2016.
Prior to founding SCG Health, Jennifer was the Vice President of External Provider Relations for UnitedHealthcare, where she established and led the Provider Communications & Advocacy unit. Before going behind the iron curtain, Jennifer served as the External Relations Liaison for the Washington, DC-based Government Affairs Department of the Medical Group Management Association. Jennifer has had the pleasure of teaching at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County where she taught health care law, international diplomacy and women & politics and currently serves as a guest professor at George Washington University teaching health care policy.