Improving audit proficiency reduces practice risk and promotes accurate claim submission. This course will provide guidance on how to perform level-of-service audits. OIG, government-contracted and third-party auditors make practice self-checks more important than ever. You can pay a consultant to do it, wait for an audit letter, or take a proactive stance and implement ongoing self-audit procedures. This class will demonstrate a step-by-step process to implement an internal audit program. Adopting a systematic approach to cross-checking records ensures that you always know where you stand and improves communication with providers and staff.
Key Highlights of The Session:
- Verify that chart documentation supports claims submitted
- Determine whether appropriate levels of service are billed
- Review levels of history, exam, and medical decision-making
- Identify how to properly evaluate the nature of the presenting problem
- Check billing for prolonged services plus other E/M services
- Uncover revenue holes and improve the practice’s bottom line
- Expert guidance on key components and potential problem areas
- Discover missed revenue opportunities when auditing charts based on fact
- Mid-Level Providers
- CDI Specialists
- Office Managers
Meet The Presenter:
Rhonda Granja, BS, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CPC, CPM, MCS, has been in the medical office profession since 1990. She works as an independent medical consultant with several medical groups and has been involved extensively in medical advocacy projects. She enjoys sharing her experience and knowledge with others. Her vast experience has been achieved by actively working in all areas of a medical practice – everything from the front desk to the clinical side. Rhonda is an active member of the American Academy of Professional Coders(AAPC); Medical Group Manager’s Association(MGMA), and the Consumer Family Advisory Committee. She has extensive knowledge of billing and reimbursement related to managed care and commercial carriers as well as Medicare and state funded products. Rhonda has a wealth of experience and her passion for speaking tends to get attendees excited about what they do. She has extensive knowledge of billing and reimbursement related to managed care and commercial carriers as well as Medicare and state funded products.