This session focuses on sharing the story of one practice’s journey in negotiating next generation payer contracts. First, we will set the stage by discussing alternative payment models, defining key elements and identifying core drivers. We will cover essential fundamentals of value based contracting methodologies and discuss approaches for uncovering practice potential. The case study will include a dive deep into how the practice moved through the process including data gathering, analyses, creation of a value proposition and payer relationship building. We will identify sources for determining total cost of care, estimating cost savings and suggestions for how to effectively tell your practice story. This talk will include many tips for payer negotiations and tactile guidance relative to positioning effectively in next generation payer contract negotiations.
- Identify steps necessary to create a practice value proposition.
- Define relevant tips and tricks to position your practice for successful negotiations.
- Prepare to tell your practice story and ask key questions during negotiation discussions with payers.
- Learn about effective communication techniques to utilize in contract negotiations.
- Identify resources to understand how your practice compares to the competition.
- Define methodology for determining relevant CPT codes for negotiation focus.
- Assess possible termination scenarios and understand key considerations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Value proposition
- CPT code analyses
- Communication strategies
- Payer Contracting strategies
- Value-based contracting models
- Live Q&A Session
|Other Related Webinars:|
Who Should Attend:
- Health care providers
- Practice Managers
- Compliance officers
- Privacy Officers
- Medical Record Clerks
- Non-clinical health care employees and contractors
- Business associates of health care providers
About the Presenter:
Doral Jacobsen, MBA, FACMPE, is a founding partner of Prosper Beyond. She is a seasoned healthcare consultant with more than 20 years’ experience serving healthcare providers ranging from solo practitioners to large academic medical centers. She is a popular speaker and author, always looking around the corner to help her clients prepare for what’s next. Jacobsen is known for assisting practices with next-generation managed care contract negotiations, revenue cycle and payment reform. She is a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives, graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a bachelor’s degree in health services and obtained her master’s in business administration from Webster University in Denver. She has authored numerous articles on medical practice revenue cycle, payer contracting and payment reform and is a frequent speaker at national, regional and local healthcare forums. Most recently, Doral co-authored MGMA’s new book titled Transitioning to Alternative Payment Models: A Guide to Next Generation Managed Care Contracting published October 2016.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162