Medical Services Professionals are the linchpin of provider credentialing, which in turn is the foundation of patient safety. Increasingly, organizations are turning to delegated credentialing to streamline processes. While delegation can improve efficiencies, the delegator remains responsible for ensuring that the delegated work is properly performed. Join credentialing expert Donna Goestenkors, CPMSM, EMSP, in understanding both the big picture and the nuances of delegated credentialing.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll have a better understanding of the rationale for delegated credentialing, and whether or not it aligns with your organizational goals. In addition, you’ll gain insight into the various delegation requirements by accreditation bodies, which in turn will drive the standards required to glide through annual audits. You will gain knowledge about the critical elements of a delegation agreement and negotiating tactics that mitigate risk while ensuring compliance. Finally, you’ll have the tools you need to navigate the maze of delegated credentialing and create a blueprint for your organization to create delegation agreements.
- Describe why credentialing is a core competency area for MSPs
- Identify the 25 most important verification elements
- Explain how delegation can streamline your credentialing system
- State 3 primary responsibilities of delegates and delegates
- Identify the role of accreditation bodies
- Recognize the standards that impact delegation
- Outline mechanisms to ensure accreditation compliance
- Name 6 strategies to ensure a seamless auditing process
Areas Covered in the Session:
- The MSP Competency Model, which outlines the importance of credentialing in an organization
- The 25 most important credentialing verification elements and sources that attendees can use to measure the effectiveness of their verification program
- Rationale for how implementing delegation can improve efficiencies
- Detailed description of the roles and responsibilities of the organization acting as a delegator and the organization acting as the delegatee, which performs the credentialing verification work
- Identifying accreditation sources that have proscriptive requirements regarding the delegation process and what is required when considering delegation as a management tool
- Each step in a credentialing system has a best practice that maintains compliance; these best practices support organizations in preparing for and conducting an audit
|Other Related Webinars:|
Who Should Attend:
- Medical Staff Services Professionals
- Credentials Verification Organizations
- Managed Care Companies
- Practice Management
- Medical Staff Leaders
- Credentialing Specialists
- Credentialing Coordinators
- Medical Staff Director
- Medical Staff Manager
- Practice Managers
About the Presenter:
Donna Goestenkors, CPMSM, EMSP is a healthcare consultant, speaker, author, educator, and mentor with over 44 years of knowledge and experience that she is privileged to share with colleagues, healthcare administrators and medical staff leaders on issues pertinent to the medical staff services industry. Donna is the founder and president of Team Med Global, and is an industry thought leader who serves professionals by delivering educational products, services, and resources. Donna is also a past president of the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS), and has been actively engaged in several domestic and international credentialing think tanks. Her diverse expertise is relevant to all healthcare l environments, including coast to coast, system, academic, community and critical access hospitals, credentials verification organizations, payer enrollment, managed care organizations, and group and solo practice settings. Her talent in leading medical services professionals (MSPs) to their greatest level of competence garners Donna great respect among her colleagues within the industry.
Donna has authored, co-authored, and contributed to numerous articles and books. In addition, Donna speaks frequently on healthcare issues at in-person and virtual conferences and symposia. Donna earned her associate degree in Medical Services from Kansas City Business College, holds certification in Medical Staff Services Management (CPMSM) through NAMSS, and achieved her Executive MSP (EMSP) credential through TMG University. She graduated from an intensive training program at the Speaker’s Academy presented through Brian Tracy International and recently completed a nine-month virtual leadership course, Platinum Series, through Nightingale Conant Corporation.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162