Healthcare compliance programs have been around for more than 20 years. Initially, they were voluntary unless a settlement agreement with the government or the OIG resulted in a corporate integrity agreement which required a compliance program. However now, the Affordable Care Act requires participants in federal health care programs such as Medicare to have a compliance program. Additionally, government enforcement as well as whistle-blower cases are on the rise. If you don’t have a compliance program by now, you are long overdue to start one. If you do have a compliance program, but it needs some updating, this webinar is for you too.
Why Should You Attend:
- Compliance programs are best practice in Healthcare today.
- Compliance programs are required in most circumstances.
- Healthcare is a highly regulated industry and compliance programs can help with structuring a way to comply with new and old regulations and laws.
- Even if you have a compliance program, learn how to strengthen it
Areas Covered In The Session:
- Healthcare enforcement trends resulting from poor compliance
- The Seven Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
- How and where to start a compliance program
- How to strengthen and existing compliance program
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand the current compliance enforcement environment in healthcare
- Apply the seven elements of an effective compliance program to your organization
- Evaluate an existing compliance program for gaps and areas needing improvement
- Healthcare administrators
- Compliance officers
- Medical Coders
- Compliance Professionals
- Practice administrators
- Physician leaders
About The Presenter:
C. J. Wolf, MD, M.Ed.has been involved in healthcare for over 20 years beginning with his years in medical school. Early in his career, Dr. Wolf made a change to healthcare administration, reimbursement, and compliance. He has worked in various coding, reimbursement, or Chief Compliance Officer roles for Intermountain Healthcare, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the University of Texas System, and Merit Medical Systems. He currently is Sr. Compliance Executive at Healthicity.
Dr. Wolf has a passion for teaching and education. He has developed and taught curricula for adult employees seeking national coding certifications, trade workshops and seminars, and has served as adjunct faculty for Salt Lake Community College and currently is faculty at Brigham Young University-Idaho. In addition to his medical degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Dr. Wolf holds a master of education (M.Ed.) from the University of Texas at Brownsville. He completed his B.S., magna cum laude, from Brigham Young University, Provo, UT.
He holds the following professional certifications:
AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders): CPC (Certified Professional Coder), COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
HCCA (Health Care Compliance Association): CHC (Certified in Healthcare Compliance)
SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics): CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional)
IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors): CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162