Staying on top of the changes that have occurred over the past few years in regards to coding and billing for EEGs and EMGs is critical to ensure proper reimbursement for your practice. This webinar is designed to simplify the maze of EMG and EEG billing and coding and answer some of the questions you have been wanting to ask. On top of that, the RVUs have been decreased in regards to reimbursement for these services – so coding to the highest level of specificity and correctly is more important than ever for the financial health of your practice.
Our expert speaker Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS, will provide you the cheat sheets on how to use EEG and EMG codes in straightforward and easy to use format properly. Also, you’ll get charts on RVU impact on reimbursement. Dr. Kelly will provide you the tips on possible compliance pitfalls as well.
Area Covered In The Session:
- Overview of EMGs, EEGs, and NCV
- EMGs, EEGs and NCV Billing Methods and Techniques
- Common Mistakes in Billing for EMGs and EEGs
- Selection of Correct CPT and ICD-10 codes for EMGs and EEGs Billing
- Selection of Appropriate Modifier for EMGs and EEGs Billing
- Learn straight forward ways to bill for EMGs, EEGs, and NCV studies to maximize reimbursement.
- Learn common bundling pitfalls and mistakes often made when billing for EMGs and EEGs.
- Tips on proper documentation needed from the provider to ensure the coder is able to code to the highest level of specificity.
- Learn how to choose the appropriate diagnosis code to support the services provided.
- Tips on how to communicate with the provider the need for proper documentation and how the documentation supports the codes billed.
- Neurology Physicians
- Neurology Practice Manager
- Medical Billers
- Medical Coders
- Physician Assistant
- Office Manager
- Nurse Practitioner
- CDI Specialists
About Our Speaker:
Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. A graduate of Wellesley College and Tufts University School of Medicine she has a varied background including clinical, billing, and coding. Dreama is President/CEO of Kelly, Sloan, and Associates, LLC and speaks at various seminars and webinars, imparting her knowledge in an upbeat, matter of fact, manner. Her goal is get the pertinent information to the attendee, minimize the nonsense, and make sure everyone has fun at the same time. Dreama works with practices one on one, through coding consulting. She offers in-services seminars that can be held on or off-site. Dreama has learned in most seminars you spend a whole day only getting 20% of what you need, and 80% you leave – she has made it her goal to carve out the 20% that you need and giving you the take home message that will help you and your practice.