You can get paid even more for the Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) services you provide – basically reimbursing you closer to what you deserve, including reimbursement for your non-provider time. But you must know how to correctly apply remote patient monitoring codes 99453, 99454, 99457 and 99091 and their recent updates implemented this year.
This session will provide a current overview of remote patient monitoring (RPM) coding and billing, as well as provide operational and strategic pointers for successful RPM adoption. This session will include documentation tips and provide guidance on accurately capturing the time component for each code. Additionally, multiple use cases will be shared tying remote patient monitoring to realistic top line revenue opportunities and other value add services. The 2020 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule changes will also be explained, as well as all other current CMS guidance.
- Gain an understanding of the potential revenue tied to remote patient monitoring.
- Increase knowledge on how remote patient monitoring lends itself to other reimbursable services.
- Ensure documentation and coverage is understood to avoid unnecessary audits.
- Gain an understanding of the supervision requirements for remote patient monitoring.
- Develop insight into what is considered an acceptable remote monitoring device.
- Identify compliance plan considerations for remote patient monitoring.
- Learn what CMS is thinking in coverage of the 2020 Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Coding for RPM
- Billing for RPM
- Stackable virtual care services
- Incident to and supervision requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Building an ROI
Who Should Attend:
- Physicians and clinical staff interested in RPM
- Clinic managers and administers
- Coding and billing staff
- Strategy resources
About the Presenter:
Penny Osmon Bahr, CHC, CPC, CPCI, is an executive level health care transformation consultant that works to, develop business strategy, navigate regulatory impact and execute improvement across the healthcare ecosystem. She brings over 20 years of industry experience and has worked across the continuum. Her goal is to partner with clients to successfully navigate the rapidly evolving health care payment and regulatory landscape.
Penny is professionally respected for her broad industry knowledge, leadership and her approach to sharing complex information. Throughout her career she has frequently assisted clients in development of new strategies and services, taking a goal oriented approach and always considers the culture of the organization. Penny is a frequent presenter on a myriad of topics across the county. She has also served on statewide and national boards and is frequently published.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162