Each year CMS issues the OPPS final rule, which details the changes to Medicare outpatient coding and billing. The provider must implement and prepare for the rules’s major financial implication by January 1. Last year’s major changes included the reporting of drugs acquired through the 340B drug discount program.
This webinar will give participants an in-depth review of all the key financial and operational changes CMS finalizes for CY 2019. Many of the proposed changes if finalized will have significant financial and operational impact so having a firm understanding of the material changes will be critical. Our expert speaker Jugna Shah is closely tracking these topics at a Congressional and Regulatory level and will help providers zero in on the types of things they need to discuss internally with the departments most likely to be impacted.
Participants will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of all of the major changes finalized for CY 2019.
- Know which areas of the final rule are most likely to impact your departments and bottom line.
- Find out what critical changes are and how to prepare.
- Understand what site neutral payment policies CMS finalized and the type of analyses needed to model financial impact.
- Determine which procedures are assigned to comprehensive APCs.
- APC recalibration creating financial impact site Neutrality Payment Policy changes including the payment reduction for visit code G0463 and expansion of services in existing Grandfathered Off-Campus provider-based departments
- Additional On vs. Off-Campus provider-based payment policies
- Drug pricing changes, including payment of 340B purchased drugs
- Other drug & radiopharmaceuticals payment changes
- Packaging Changes
- Comprehensive APCs and drug administration
- Information related to Reporting Therapy Modifiers as well as information on new Modifiers
- Step for computing the financial impact
- Key changes related to charging, coding, and billing outpatient services
- Other significant proposals from CMS
- Office Managers
- Hospital Administrators
- Finance Directors
- Health Information Dept.
- Revenue Cycle Dept.
- Coding and Billing Staff
- CDM Managers’
- Department Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Industry Organizations
About the Presenter:
Jugna Shah is a nationally recognized expert with over 20 years of experience in healthcare financing and regulatory systems. She is a frequent speaker at local, regional, national and international conferences. She is a founder of Nimit Consulting Inc. which specialize in providing information on regulatory initiatives and policies that affect healthcare service delivery, quality, cost, accessibility and compliance. She helps clients address a wide range of needs by analyzing operational and financial challenges, conducting coding, billing, coverage and compliance reviews. Ms. Shah’s areas of specialty include medical and radiation oncology, bone marrow and stem cell transplant billing and reimbursement, new cellular and gene therapies, pharmacy and drug coverage and more
A successful advocate, Ms. Shah has raised important payment system concern to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services(CMS) and many of her recommendations have been accepted and implemented resulting in operationally simpler payment systems with more appropriate reimbursement for certain types of services for providers nationwide
Ms. Shah also works internationally on case-mix design, system development, implementation initiatives. She has led several World Bank and US Agency for International Development(USAID) healthcare financing reform initiative that involves providing long-term policy and technical assistance to foreign governments. From 2007-2016, Ms. Shah served in two officer positions of an international case-mix organization. called Patient Classification Systems International (PCSI), first as Secretary and then as Vice-President.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162