There are big changes coming up for Evaluation and Management (E&M) coding, starting in January 2021. History and Physical Exam Components will no longer be 2 out of 3 factors to determine the Level of CPT code. Medical Decision Making or Time will play the key role to determine the Level of CPT code.
The goal of this webinar is to help simplify all the new changes. This will help practices to prepare and understand the new way of coding for new and established patient visits, to stay compliant in this ever-changing healthcare industry, while continuing to provide great care to patients.
The webinar will cover major 2021 E&M changes, documentation requirements for history and physical exam components, in-depth review of Medical Decision Making and Time, added, deleted, and revised codes. Several encounter notes will be presented as examples for new way of coding for E&M codes.
- To understand major E&M changes for 2021
- To understand new requirements of the History component
- To understand new requirements of the Physical Exam component
- To learn about Medical Decision Making guidelines
- To learn about Time guidelines
- To learn about Prolonged services
- To help your private practice stay compliant during the major E&M changes for 2021.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Summary of major E&M changes for 2021, including review of removed CPT codes 99201 and 99211; and updates on new requirements based on Medical Decision Making and Time
- Updates on proper documentation of histories and physical exam sections of the note.
- In-depth review of new guidelines to define the elements of Medical Decision Making.
- In-depth review of new guidelines for Time requirement.
- Update on the new prolonged services code and documentation requirements.
- Providing several examples for different specialties for each CPT code.
- 15 minutes Live Q&A session
- Medical providers, who perform and bill out new and established office visits
- Practice Managers
- Billing Managers
- Medical Billers
- Compliance Officers
About the Presenter:
Kate has almost two decades of experience in the healthcare industry. She is an expert coder, compliance officer, and trains healthcare providers all over the country. Kate utilizes her expertise to uncover ways to improve billing and coding inefficiencies, training staff, and ensuring compliance, while achieving maximum results and revenues for her clients.
Kate’s successes include small and large practices, ranging from primary care to specialists and surgeons. She is known for helping providers feel confident in their coding and peace of mind with their compliance practices. Kate’s acute attention to detail, deep understanding of coding and billing, and proactive approach, make her an indispensable asset with all her clients
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162